Wednesday, May 7, 2014

3rd trimester!


I can't believe I am already in the third trimester, time has truly flown by and I have moments of sheer joy and then pure terror! I cannot WAIT to see what the little dude looks like! I know that once we have him here it will be utter chaos and will be the most amazing, rewarding and hardest thing we have ever done, but so worth it :) 

Eric and I really haven't been doing much lately, my 6th year of coaching club volleyball has finally ended and it's hard to believe that I won't be doing it again next year (or at least I say that now). I have to say that this was such a unique year of coaching for me. I like to blame it on the hormones but these girls were always making me so emotional! They were truly the sweetest, hard working group of girls and they came out and surprised EVERYONE with their talent. I don't think any one expected them to be top contenders in the 12s age group and ended up taking 4th at a national qualifier and winning multiple tournaments. The last practice we had together the girls brought cookies and each wrote me a letter. The letters were so sweet and of course made me cry like a baby. One of the girls started out her letter by saying "Coach Brittany, you are so beautiful". I mean how sweet is that? Here is a picture of me and my girls at our last practice: 


Here is a quick photo of the sign the girls made and put on my hotel door at our last tournament


And here we are after our last tournament... Even though it didn't turn out as expected we had such a great year and I was BEYOND proud of every single player! 

Lastly, for anyone that has ever coached school or club ball you will understand my appreciation when I say that I had THE MOST amazing parents this year. They were so supportive and stood by my decisions and coaching style all year long and I am so grateful for that. It was such a great year that I almost want to retire from coaching so that I can end my coaching career on such a good note ;) 

Lastly, here is my baby update :) 

How far along? 27 weeks
How big is he?  Rutabaga or about 2 pounds 
Best moment of the week- having a 4 day work week and going to Dallas this weekend! 
Trouble sleeping? No trouble sleeping, just the occasional waking up to use the restroom and the struggle of turning from side to side. 
Miss anything?  Regular clothes :( I want my body back! 
Movement? Yes!! All of the time and now that he is getting bigger I feel like I can almost feel which body part is where!
Food cravings? Still no cravings, chick fil a always hits the spot though.. OH and watermelon... I may or may not have taken a small round watermelon out all by myself. 
Belly button in or out? Its a halfie I would say. 
Symptoms? Hands are already swelling :( 
Wedding ring on/off? On but usually comes off when I get home 
Happy/Moody? Little moody because of some stress but other than that relatively happy
Looking forward to? A great weekend with family in Dallas and some shopping for baby boy! 

Here are my 24 and 25 week photos which are the most recent ones. 




Next post will be tons of pictures from Luke's bday party and family and friends! Cannot wait!! :) 


1 comment: