Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Slacker..

Well its official.. I am horrible at keeping a blog. I think mainly its because we don't have a lot of exciting things going on but luckily I have a good friend who stays on me about updating and even gives me ideas to update about.. thanks Mrs. Gillaspie! 

Lately, I have just been working away.. Club volleyball is over and I must say out of the 5 seasons I have coached this season was the hardest to say good-bye to! I loved coaching those girls and we ended on a great note. Luckily, next Sunday we will start once a week practices.. yay!!! 


Eric has mainly just been working as well.. we recently moved into a new house so Eric has been busy helping me move things, hang things and everything else in between! I wish we could say we bought a home but neither of us have been at our jobs long enough BUT we are so excited to be out of the small 2 bedroom, 1 bath duplex with NO central or air! This is a much bigger house that gives us room to grow! Here are a couple pictures of the house even though it isn't completely done yet: 



Here is the kitchen looking from the dining room that leads into the backyard... I love all of the storage and built ins! 


Here is a picture of all the built-ins.. its a HUGE wall to fill up and no matter what angle you take the picture from its hard to fit in the entire thing. I pretty much filled it with all of our decorations that were stored away at the other house that we didn't have room for... I think it will have to do for now! 
Here is sweet Jackson guarding his toys and enjoying his new backyard! Thank goodness the backyard is looking better than this.. we sprayed weed killer and have been watering it and it looks 100% better already. For those of you wondering.. the house came with this huge play pin/jungle gym.. It is pretty convenient for when the nieces and nephews come over! 


Here is sweet Charlie laying on our new couch in the living room.. we have lived there for a month and this is the ONLY time he has been able to get on the couch.. poor guy :( he was so sweet I just couldn't kick him off! 

I am still waiting to get the living room and some other rooms finished so I will post pictures of those some other time! We are really blessed/lucky to have found this house.. it was so spur of the moment and it is definitely what we want between now and when we will buy one in hopefully a year or less! 


Lastly, Eric and I celebrated our ONE year anniversary June 16th! That Saturday, the 15th we had plans to go eat at BL Bistro and then go to the Adaberry Inn here in Amarillo. My niece was going to house sit/puppy sit but that morning Eric got a call that his grandpa had been rushed to the emergency room and was going in for surgery in Lubbock. Unfortunately around 3:00 things had taken a turn for the worst and we immediately rushed to Lubbock. I felt so horrible for him and his family... losing a loved one is so hard but thankfully we have a Lord that promises we will see our loved ones again some day! 


The next day, Eric woke up me with beautiful flowers, homemade pancakes and O.J. I can't even believe how lucky I am to have found such a caring, thoughtful and selfless man! Here are some pictures! 





Eric- thank you for being the man that you are and for a wonderful first year of marriage. I cannot WAIT to see what the future holds for us :) 



I think its obvious that I should really post more often so I dont have to make such LONG posts! Hopefully I can keep up with it from here on out! :)


1 comment:

  1. LOVE the new house!! Can't wait to come and see it eventually!!

    ReplyDelete