Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Blogs are hard!

I have to admit, I had every intention of updating my blog more often than once a month, HOWEVER, the whole "blog" world has made me feel like a complete idiot! I like to consider myself somewhat technologically savvy, but blogs are SO much more difficult than they need to be. Anyway, I was finally able to  fix some of the issues I was having and its time for a new post!  


 First of all, Eric and I went on our VERY first ski trip to Angel Fire in January and we had a blast! It was just me him and my parents and I must admit, I was a little worried with how my parents were gonna hold up! They hadn't been skiing in 20 years but from what I hear they were pretty awesome back in the day. For those of you that didn't know, my dad had a heart attack back in October and even though he is doing wonderful, I couldn't help but worry about him! We were on our first lift at about 9AM and after I went on the good ole bunny slope about 3 times it was all blue and green slopes from then on. Eric picked it up SO much faster than I did which was a little frustrating.. or maybe it was just the fact that after I busted on the mountain, 5 year olds were flying by me laughing. Anyway, we were skiing from 9AM to 4:15PM and my body has NEVER been in so much pain in my life. My mom probably could have gone longer and my dad went back to the lodge around 1:00 but only because his knee was hurting him. They both picked it up like they hadn't missed a beat. Here is a little collage of the mountains, Eric and I and then the parents! 



Later on in January/February we went to our good friends Justin and Tara Hatch's gender reveal party! We were so excited to see that they will be adding a sweet baby girl to their family. 

I have had volleyball just about every weekend it seems. Joni is my assistant coach this year and I can't tell you how much FUN we are having with these girls. We have really been teaching them an advanced offense and they have picked it up like champs! We have one 6th grader and some 7th and 8th graders and in one of our last tournaments we got 2nd place! In our other tournaments we were having trouble getting past the semi-final mark and we finally did it! We beat some freshman from Canyon High School to get to the finals and in the finals lost to some Freshman from Frenship High! Here is us and our girls after getting 2nd place: 
I am so incredibly thankful for these girls and for Joni! I don't know how I have been coaching for so long without her! 


Lastly, even though it isn't Valentines yet, Monday after work I walked home to the sweetest surprise! Backstory: Collin Gillaspie asked Lauren to be his Valentine and brought her flowers and lots of little valentines cards and I kind of gave Eric a hard time about it but I didn't actually think he would go and do something like this! I walk in from work on Monday and I see the following letters written with rose pedals all over the house



I couldn't believe that he took the time to go and do all of this. He is such an amazing person and I am so thankful to be married to such a sweet and loving man. Eric and I have a very playful, fun relationship and for him to show his romantic side very unexpectedly was very.. well romantic! The day of Valentines we plan to go eat at Kabuki and go see Safe Haven (which is probably everybody elses plan in Amarillo). Oh well! 

Happy Valentines :) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment